Thursday, November 20, 2008

music: the lubrication of seratonin flowiness

I am a different person today. Bad different. Someone I never wanted to be. I'm happy, I suppose, but I never intended on becoming a person who coveted anger, cultivated it.
grow and smolder, while I go about every day. I think I've realized why that is; a major factor.

I don't listen to music anymore. I used to. And I don't.

My life revolved around music. I listened to it constantly, from the moment I woke up until I
passed out

It distracted me, medicated me, sedated me, motivated me, stimulated me, comforted me, saddened me, saved me.

And then life changed... And I stopped making music a part of what made me.




And then came Apple iTunes Genius.

[Hah! And you thought this was a serious entry...]

Some songs to never forget to listen to:
DeVotchKa - How It Ends
Casimir Pulaski Day - Sufjan Stevens
Naked As We Came - Iron & Wine
Australia - The Shins
Where Is My Mind? - Pixies

more to come...

No comments: